Monday, October 24, 2011

RAF, RCAF, Flight Wings, WW2 British, Post War Canadian

Here are a couple more items out of my collection box.  Two sets of flight wings.  The first set of wings are RAF (Royal Air Force) from WW2, the second is a set of RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force) wings from the 1960's to 1980's.  There is not a lot that I can say about them, except that they are icons in the world of military aviation!  I think everyone can identify with the the RAF wings and the stories of the Battle of Britain!  

If I am remembering correctly, I found the RAF wings tucked in a pocket of a US Army uniform jacket that dated from WW2.  I am sure that there was a good story about how that set of wings ended up in that pocket! I picked the RCAF wings up in the 1980's.


The RAF wings are flat sewn on felt with a cloth backing.


The RCAF wings are padded with a cloth backing.


Here are some more photos of these two wings:

Here are a couple of photos of RAF pilots from WW2:


Here are a couple of RCAF photos of pilots from the 1980's to the Present:

No comments: